Sunday, May 31, 2009

Aveda Ante Natal Massage Chadstone

Aveda Chadstone
Shop 408,
Chadstone Shopping Centre,
1341 Dandenong Rd
Chadstone VIC 3148
(03) 9948 8324

I was given this massage for my 30th birthday, I upgraded to a full hour, figuring it would be best for me and the baby... I wanted to use it while I was pregnant as I was having some coccyx pain and they advertisedpregnancy massage so I thought it would give me some long term help...

On entering the staff were lovely... Maria was my masseur, and we had a good talk about my needs etc as a pregnant woman before we got to the room... The waiting area was lovely... The room was a beautiful space, lovely ambiance, but very small... There was lovely relaxing music on, but half way through the massage it became more like electro with loads of bass, making me think more about moving then being still...

Maria started with a foot soak and massage which was lovely, and really set me up to think that this was going to be the best massage ever... But after that things went a little downhill, they advertise as having pregnancy massage which is why I chose to go there whilst pregnant, once in they said that they don't have pregnancy beds so the massage would have to be on my sides... Getting a pregnancy massage when you are that big on your side just doesn't make for comfort, besides the hope of being on your tummy is half the excitement...Maria gave me what felt like a rub down, no deep work, nothing to make me feel better long term, just a very light running of the hands over the body... I specifically stated that my coccyx was killing me and yet she didn't go there at all, strangely she did rub my belly, she did ask first, but I was caught completely off guard and agreed...

The second half of the massage was on my back, which really hurt my hips and butt... So by the time it was over I felt like I needed a massage... The best bit was the scalp/face massage at the end, I probably would have been happier if she just did my feet and scalp/face - the definite highlights...

No comments: